Saturday, April 5, 2008

Ear Candling

Ok, so this is the weirdest thing I've ever done. Well, no... scratch that. A body wrap was the weirdest thing I've ever done. But this is second! So Rob had an appointment with a physical therapist for his back and I went with him. One of the ladies who works at the clinic also goes to our church. When I came in she said she wanted to do something for me too since it was going to be a long wait. So she offered to do an ear candle.

Ok, so I lay down on my side and she sticks this thing in my ear. Then she puts a candle on top and lights it. And she says relax. Relax!? There's fire above my head! But I try really hard. When it gets to the bottom of the candle (still several inches above my head) it starts to get warm and I start to figure out the point. It's actually melting the wax inside my ear. So when the candle burned out she cleaned the inside of my ear. Ok, I know that part is gross... but that's what she did!

Well, I looked it up on the internet and all the sites I found think it's ineffective... ... but oh well! The relaxation stuff was still fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment