Thursday, February 25, 2010

Been busy having fun!

Last weekend I taught book making to all these girls. They started with the bare book board, sewed their papers together, and built the whole book. They had tons of fun and were so proud of themselves! If you don't feel like counting, there is 15 girls there!


Then Tuesday the girls and I (Miyoung, Corinnea, and some of our other CRD friends) hosted our third Sushi making class. I am still overwhelmed by how popular this class is! We had 25 sign up and 20 on a waiting list! Crazy! At the end of class we had a little rice and ingredients left and Miyoung made us this beautiful sushi salad! the rice is under the food art.


Haven made the A-B honor roll. We are SO proud of her! She struggled so much in German school, but of course we're glad she had the experience of it and can speak fluent German. Fifth grade she had lots of catching up to do, and she did. Sixth grade has been all A's and B's! She also got an improvement award for raising her grade in a couple of classes.

And Ethan is busy too. On Tuesdays he goes to a hip hop class with his friend Javier. They are practicing a routine to do a recital. They are so cute! There are some older kids in the class who of course are more settled and know the routine better, but Ethan is so cute!! I can't wait for the recital.

That's about all for now. I'm so happy the sun is finally coming out! We can actually go outside without winter coats on! Yeah spring!

4 comments:

  1. The salad looks delicious!!! I need to sign myself up for the class. I have been saying this for the longest time, I should just do it!!!! My Congratulations go out to Haven for her outstanding work and of course to you for being her proud mama ;) Love that Ethan, he is really into his class. Can't wait for you to post his complete routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that the weather is warming up and the sun is coming out! I played in a sun patch with Elora for half the afternoon yesterday.

    Hooray for Haven! Tell her to keep it up, and she'll have a scholarship in the bag.


    Ethan is adorable! I bet his recital is going to be fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Haven, and Ethan is adorable... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun together. Congratulations, Haven!!! We love you!! Oma and Opa

    ReplyDelete