Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Making Repeating Patterns


This may not seem that exciting, but it is to me! Corinnea keeps saying I need to try to print some fabric but the difference is with fabric you have to have a perfect repeating pattern. With scrapbook paper you don't. So I had a flash, a lightbulb moment, the other day where I realized how to make repeating patterns very easily. I have to admit, once I figured it out I felt pretty silly for not figuring it out earlier! Basically, I create the shape on one side, copy it, move it an exact distance from the first one (that depends on the repeat size) and then group them. Then no matter where I move them on the edge they make a perfect join. That may not make sense.... Just know that this is a huge deal for me because this was the obstacle I needed to get past to make patterns I might feel like printing on fabric!!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't follow that (I think I would need a demonstration) n but I'm glad you figured it out! How cool would it be to have a line of fabric by Kelly Sarles in the shop??? I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's is AWESOME!!!!! Will you teach me, pleeeeeaaaasssseeee :) or am I going to have to figure it out on my own :)

    ReplyDelete