Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Trench Coat that never got blogged


Way back before Jennifer moved she gave me a trench coat pattern and this awesome corduroy. It's been so long I can't remember all the details... Corinnea, did you cut the pieces out? I think that's when I got introduced to pattern ease. At any rate, I did make the coat and Mary took some awesome pictures one really misty day. And then I lost the camera memory card. Grrrr. There was never another day so perfect so I never got pictures taken again! But today I decided to change purses and when I cleaned out the old one I discovered a hole in the lining. I dug around inside to retrieve all the things that had fallen through and low and behold there was the missing camera card! And the pictures! So, now you all get to see my trench coat! Sorry, I don't know what pattern it is. I didn't write down enough information before I gave it back to her. Thanks so much for the fabric and the pattern Jennifer! I love the coat!

6 comments:

  1. THIS.IS.AWESOME!!! It looks so good. Really well done and it looks so good on you. I'm happy someone made the coat! I've had that pattern since probably 1992 or so. The picture is aweseom too! Good job mary!! Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I love it when something like that happens! The picture is perfect-- at first, I'd thought that you'd edited it to get the haze, but it's even better that it's natural. :) Great coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute!!
    I'm so thrilled that you made the coat! Yea, I cut it out for you cause I love ya! I never did try to make one for myself. Jess says I have too many coats for FL.....
    Oh and this reminds me, I still have a certain pattern of yours I'M SO SORRY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your story, love the coat, great picture! Glad you found the camera card..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty on you! I really love the hat as well- good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that picture is awesome! and you know I love your coat!

    ReplyDelete