Thursday, January 12, 2012

First sewing of 2012!

I don't make new year's resolutions, but I do usually enter a new year feeling fresh and hopeful. One of the things I really want to do this year is finish projects! I have a tendency to purchase fabric knowing exactly what it will become, but then take forever to get around to it.

I figured I better hurry up and finish this one before it was too late to wear snowflakes!
 Not that we've seen much snow around here... It's been a very mild winter.
 Did you notice my sparkly feet? I wish I had finished this outfit before New Year's, but oh well. There's always next year. When I put on the shirt I thought, some sparkly silver shoes would be perfect with this shirt... So I made some.
They were really simple so I posted a little picture tutorial over on the Shop blog. They do shed a bit... I look up some online tutorials and some of them recommend a clear acrylic spray over the top. I'll have to see if that's something I can get over here... They aren't something I would normally wear, but I have to admit they are fun!

UPDATE: I redid the shoes by mixing outdoor mod podge and glitter and painting it on in two coats, letting the first one dry before adding the second. MUCH BETTER. I did have some trouble in the rain, so I guess they aren't water proof... I think part of my problem is the type of shoe I started with, but I'm still happy with them. They'll just be dry weather shoes.

1 comment: