I started with a doodle I drew a year ago and re-drew it clearly and scanned it.
Then I moved pieces of it around and made it a continuous repeat.
Then I colored in the flowers and texturized the pattern.
Then added the background color and the grungy overlays.
And voila! The birth of a patterned paper.
This was fun as an experiment. I don't know if I would enjoy doing this all the time. It took a lot of time to make the overlay transparent after scanning, and it took a long time to colorize the flowers. I guess it was fun though or I wouldn't have done it! The next step will be to use it in a layout.
I made my paper to coordinate with the new Shabby Princess free kit, which I downloaded today. It's HUGE! 12 papers, embellishments and a full alpha set. Click on the preview below to download your own copy.