Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Birth of a Patterned Paper

I started with a doodle I drew a year ago and re-drew it clearly and scanned it.

Then I moved pieces of it around and made it a continuous repeat.


Then I colored in the flowers and texturized the pattern.


Then added the background color and the grungy overlays.
And voila! The birth of a patterned paper.

This was fun as an experiment. I don't know if I would enjoy doing this all the time. It took a lot of time to make the overlay transparent after scanning, and it took a long time to colorize the flowers. I guess it was fun though or I wouldn't have done it! The next step will be to use it in a layout.

I made my paper to coordinate with the new Shabby Princess free kit, which I downloaded today. It's HUGE! 12 papers, embellishments and a full alpha set. Click on the preview below to download your own copy.


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!! Can't wait to see you use it on a page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just way to cool!! Next thing we know you will be designing for a scrapbook company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That is beautiful! It would also make a great fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never stop amazing me! That is just too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It needs to be spoonflower fabric so i could buy it and make a maxi dress for the summer, really, really, pretty!

    ReplyDelete